The subject selection process for 2022 has been completed. The subject selection process for 2023 will begin in Term 3 of 2022.
When we commence the subject selection process in Term 3 of each year, teachers often get a lot of questions about certain courses. Information is available in our Curriculum Guides and via the SACE website. In addition to reading the Curriculum Guide, have a look at the videos below to help guide your choices. Each video is a short 3-minute trailer that’s designed to give you a little more insight into what each subject is really like from the teachers who offer those subjects.
Teachers were all asked the following questions:
1. Why do students choose this subject?
2. What skills, knowledge and understandings are needed for this subject?
3. What is the externally assessed part of this subject? Is it an exam or an investigation?
4. What career or further study pathways are linked to this subject?
5. What is your favourite part of this course and why do you like it?
6. What do current and past students think of this subject?
Other Important SACE Information
SATAC – Scaling: How does it work?
SACE: Welcome to the SACE for parents
Welcome to the SACE for students
SACE subjects offered at Mitcham Girls High School
Digital Media Technologies
English as an Additional Language
English Literary Studies
Food & Hospitality
Personal Learning Plan (PLP)
Technologies & Engineering
Visual Arts and Design
Vocational Education and Training (VET)