Welcome to Mitcham Girls High School
Mitcham Girls High School is the only government school for girls in South Australia. It is highly respected within local, state and international communities. It is not a zoned school and therefore attracts students from all suburbs across Adelaide and nearby country towns. Many girls travel considerable distances to come to a school which offers them exciting opportunities in an environment that is caring and academically challenging.
Entertainment Book 2014/15
The Entertainment Book is now available in the traditional Entertainment Book and the brand new Digital Membership. To purchase your Entertainment Book or order your Digital Membership visit https://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/orderbooks/161m056.
Have you downloaded the Mitcham Girls High School App? If not, you can do so by downloading it from iTunes or Google play.
- Nicola Sulley-Beales who was awarded a 2013/14 Associate SASI Netball Scholarship and was selected in the 2014 South Australian U/17 State Netball team.
- Rose Harvey (Year 12 graduate 2013) who received the University of Adelaide Principal's Scholarship.
- Two Year 8 teams for winning first prize in the First Lego League Competition. One team came first in the Engineering Division, receiving the Judges Award; the other team came first in the Innovative Solution Division.
- Amber Foy who came second in the Australian Children's Music Foundation National Songwriting Competition.
- Nicola Sulley-Beales has won the State Award for the category of Great Australian Sportspeople and the image of Australia in the 2013 National History Challenge.
- 2013 Australian National Chemistry Quiz Awards
High Distinction Sai Lekshmi Chandramohan,
Jessica Kincaid, Amy Norman
Distinction Amatul Ahmad, Ashley Hicks, Claire Peake,
Credit Kateline Williams
2013 SACE Results
The Mitcham Girls High School community congratulates the Class of 2013 for their outstanding results:
65.2% of all of our grades were As and Bs
93.1% of all of our grades were As, Bs and Cs.
The above results place our school well above state averages in the A and B bands and consequently below state averages in the C and D bands.
We congratulate every Year 12 student and in particular Kimberly Lai (Huyen Ngoc Tong Lai) and Min Kang (Jungmin Kang) who each received an ATAR of 99.1
Class of 2013 Academic Awards
|Business & Enterprise||Sarah Hutchesson Webb|
|Classical Studies||Rose Harvey|
|Community Studies||Ashley Fradd|
|Dance||Cassie Harwood (Year 11)|
|English as a Second Language||Min Kang|
|English Communications||Kimberly Lai|
|English Studies||Rainbow Lochert|
|Food and Hospitality||Nicole Lahiff|
|Information Processing and Publishing||Dana Kretschmer|
|Mathematical Applications||Nicole Lahiff|
|Mathematics Studies||Taylor Kang|
|Mathematical Methods||Mia Neale|
|Physical Education||Eliza Zuill|
|Research Project 1||Chelsea Hayes|
|Research Project 2||Sai Lekshmi Chandramohan|
|Specialist Mathematics||Min Kang|
|Visual Art Studies ART||Kahlia Clarke|
|Visual Art Studies DESIGN||Shae Jelly|
|Vocational Education and Training||Georgia Smith|
|Women’s Studies||Abby Smith|
|Contribution to the SRC||Kelei Apech|
|Gabriela Gomez Manjarrez|
|Dantalis Award||Mia Neale|
|Hughes and Loveday Sports Award||Kelly Harrison|
|Old Scholar's History and Classical Studies Award||Melissa Halls (UHS)|
|Rotary Performing Arts Award||Mia Neale|
|Rotary Community Studies Award||Emma Donovan|
|Inter-Church Council Commitment to Study Award||Felistance Mwenda|
|Leading Ambassador Award||Gabriela Gomez Manjarrez|
|CIS Internationalism Award||Nibir Chowdhury|
|Elliott Citizenship Award||Kimberly Lai|
|Caltex Medal||Siead Ronson|
|Millhouse Award (DUX)||Min Kang|
"When you make friends here, you know they are your friends because of who you are not because of how you look..."